Some of you may be experiencing a problem where your layers are not preserved upon merging from Rhino into MasterCAM. Here is the workaround to solve this problem:
- Make sure you “export” from Rhino only the geometry you need for your work in MasterCAM
- go to File>Merge in MasterCAM, browse to the file you want to merge, select it, and click “Open”
- One the left side of the MasterCAM application you will see the Merge options. Click on the check box for “Use current attributes” to turn this option on, then click on it again to turn it off
- if you look at the “Levels” panel, you can verify that the layer structure is preserved – you should see the named layers from Rhino with the appropriate number of objects per layer.
- Click on the green check symbol to complete the merging of geometry