Here are two images that can be used to simulate a caned surface as was demonstrated in class.
A basic review of how to do this:
- Assign the objects you want to have this texture with a “Matte Paint” material with any color (other materials will work as well, but this is a good start)
- Find this material in the list of in-use materials from the materials inspector, double click on it
- Click on the “Textures” Tab
- Assign the black and tan image to the “Color” texture option
- Assign the black and white image to the “Opacity” texture option
- Make sure the option for “sync” is turned on from the bottom of the textures properties
- Adjust the scale as needed with the slider or by entering a number in the field associated with the scale slider
And here are a few wood textures you can use.